Monday, September 9, 2013

These New Old Days


These last summer days have been days of transition and have somehow managed to feel both new and old at the same time. New house, new program, new job, new Kroger, and yet old school, old professors, old church. A mix of new people and old friends and somehow I feel both different and still very much the same.

But we have been making the best of this old new season of our lives.

We were able to spend Labor Day weekend in Indiana meeting our littlest niece,

(Can you even handle that little baby yawn?) 

And like usual, the weekend went by too quickly and there was not enough hours to make up for the hours we miss up there. But we did spend our time well. 

 (Guy and Eric shucking corn, the most typically Indianian thing I can think of) 
(Spending time with our newest love) 

(because seriously, how can you not love that face) 

(playing in the tent at Grammy's house) 

(Alli and Noah taking Kaylee on a grand tour of their hew house.) 

We also got to celebrate the engagement of our two of our favorite people! The Mary-Alex wedding is going to be one of the best parts of 2014, I can already tell. 

(showing off our bling)

And I got to see my loveliest, sweetest friend to celebrate our six year friend-iversary. By the way, the 6th anniversary is the iron and candy anniversary, so of course, we celebrated by seeing Iron Man 3 and eating candy.


 It was wonderful and delicious. And a beautiful way to celebrate all these years of friendship. 

And in between all these wonderful times, Guy and I have been filling up our days slowing digging ourselves out from all these boxes, exploring our new home and figuring out this new rhythm of life. 

(the creek by our house) 

(this is how I spend most of my days if I'm honest) 

(another view of the creek behind our house) 

These are good days. These are full days. And I'm trying not to take them for granted. 









1 comments:

Jamie said...

That creek is behind your house?!?!?! I knew you said there was a park, but man.... Sad I didn't get to come visit, but I had a good, restful and relatively productive week anyway. :) Lots of love! Glad you're getting life figured out again!

Post a Comment